Last weekend I was invited to attend the Beauty Masterclass at the Canberra Centre with the gorgeous Eleanor Pendleton who is the founder and editor of beauty website Gritty Pretty. She is also a Beauty Expert Ambassador for the brand SK-II and swears by the facial treatment essence which was introduced to her by her mum when she was a teenager. At a very young age of 8, Eleanor always wanted to work in magazines and she only started getting her passion in beauty when she did an internship at Cosmo. Since then Eleanor has published n various magazines from InStyle, Harper’s Bazaar, Refinery 29 and many more publications. After leaving publishing, Eleanor created Gritty Pretty, a website dedicated to beauty.
Having been a beauty editor at various magazines, Eleanor gave us her personal advice, tips and tricks:
- Eleanor is a massive illuminator fan. What she likes to do is mix a couple of drops of liquid illuminator with her foundation to make her skin glow. Her other tip, “Always wear a primer”.
- Eleanor is obsessed with eyebrows. She never leaves the house without prepping her brows even if she is not wearing any makeup. The eyebrow frames your face, and it’s amazing how it can change the shape of your face. She likes using a pencil and brow gel to do her eye brows. “Start at the arch and then go to the start of the brow so that you don’t load up too much product, then brush out your brows with the spool at the end”
- Eleanor’s favourite product is the Charlotte Tilbury bronzer/illuminator palette. She also love Laura Mercier primers and tinted moisturisers and the YSL Touché Eclat.
- Invest in a serum. “The serum is one that has the most active ingredient and are deeply penetrating. It will give you the results you want with your skin. It’s what going to do most of the work on your skin.”
- Invest in a good eye cream. The skin around the eye area is delicate that you need to take care of it.
- Always use sunscreen, no matter the weather – at least SPF30 or 50 as you always need to protect your skin from the strong UVA/UVB rays from the sun as some products with SPF in them are not enough. She recommended “To Save Face” sunscreen from Mecca Cosmetica.
- Eleanor swears by the SK-II Facial treatment essence containing Pitera. She started using it when she developed cystic acne as a teenager. Her mum gave her the product to try and it made her skin better and she has been using it since then.
- Eleanor swears by dry shampoo. Her tip was “use it as a styling product”. She uses it on clean hair to give the hair a bit of grit so that the heat of the curler binds to the hair which will make the curls last longer. Then flip over your hair and apply sea salt spray to add texture to the hair and comb through the curls with your hand to create the gorgeous waves that she had.
I really enjoyed this masterclass lead by Eleanor. And for attending the masterclass we receive a goodie bag filled with several beauty products including SK-II travel set, Lush helping hands cream, Batiste dry shampoo and a sample of Body Shop face moisturiser.
Here are more snaps from the masterclass.