I love Antipodes skincare. I’ve been using their skincare products for more than 2 years now. I first discovered them when I visited my sister in Wellington, New Zealand after she moved there in early 2013. I started out by trying the Avocado Oil & Rosehip DIvine Face Oil (which I will be reviewing in this post) and the Grapeseed butter cleanser (I’ll post a review on this later on). Ever since my first purchase back then I got hooked and I have been using a lot of their skincare range since.
In this post I will be reviewing 2 facial oils/serums from Antipodes: The Divine Face Oil which I mentioned above and the Joyous Protein-Rich Night Replenish Serum.
Divine Face Oil – Organic Avocado Oil & Rosehip
The Divine Face Oil claims that it has been scientifically shown to stimulate synthesis of collagen production in human skin cells by up to 51%. Itgives “a lift to tired, stressed, and sun damaged skin” by nourishing and fighting free radicals via antioxidants and help to reduce the appearance of lines, age spots and scars. Not only does it help improve your skin but the Divine face oil is also a natural sun filter. On the box it says “the component lutein absorbs and also filters UV light, offering additional sun protection from nature“. The ingredients of the oil is a mix of several oils including avocado oil, macadamia nut oil, jojoba oil and rosehip oil. It also contains vitamin E and not only that it is a certified organic product.I’ve been using this oil for nearly 2 years. Daily use of the Divine face oil has made my skin feels more supple, healthy and hydrated. My daily routine involves applying 1-2 drops of the Divine Face Oil after cleansing and before applying moisturiser both day and night. It doesn’t leave my skin greasy or oily and it keeps my very dry skin hydrated all day and night. I usually apply a few more drops at night time and in the morning I wake up with soft, smooth and hydrated skin. The oil definitely gives my skin that extra hydration boost that it needs especially in winter time.
- Very light and non-greasy while still hydrating and moisturising
- Improves my skin leaving it with a healthy glow
- Works well applied under make up
- A few little drops goes a long way! Usually the bottle lasts me around 4 months using it twice daily.
- Easy to apply, comes with a little dropper.
- Certified organic and full of great ingredients for your skin.
- I can’t think of any.. the price may put you off but I think it ‘s a great value for AU$33 for 30ml considering it lasts a long time.
As you can see I love this oil and I continuously repurchase this as it keeps my skin healthy and hydrated.Joyous Protein-rich Night Replenish Serum
The Joyous serum is another serum I use in my daily skincare routine. Although it is called a serum it is a facial oil and it’s very rich so I would only use it at night time.
The description of the serum states:
An intensive oil-based silky serum that helps repair dry and damaged skin. Himalayan goji delivers up to 19 amino acids to replenish protein at a cellular level. Red raspberry seed oil blends with New Zealand blackcurrant, a rich source of essential fats like gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). South Pacific hibiscus flower and kiwi oil freshens your complexion, while berry fragrance imparts pure joy.
The serum contains lots of good ingredients mentioned in the description above like blackcurrant oil, goj berry extract, raspberry seed oil, hibiscus extract and Reishi mushroom extract.
This is another product that I have purchased since discovering Antipodes Nature products. I love using this serum in winter time when my skin is in need of intense hydration. I apply 2-3 drops at night time before my moisturiser and massage it into my face, neck and décolletage using upward strokes. I usually leave it for around 2-3 minutes to absorb then apply my moisturiser after. On days where my skin are not so parched and dry I skip the moisturiser and just finish with this serum. When I wake up in the morning my skin feels silky smooth and plump.Pros:
- Very hydrating especially in winter time when my skin needs extra intense hydration
- I wake up in the morning with healthy, silky smooth and plump skin
- It has a nice soft blackcurrent scent
- It is very hydrating and great for dry and mature skin
- A little bit goes a long way (one bottle lasts me around 4-6 months depending on how heavy I use it)
- It is a very rich oil so it does take a minute or two to absorb into the skin
- The price tag of AU$59 for 30ml bottle is quite steep but considering it lasts 4-6 months and it actually works to improve my skin it’s a worthwhile investment
You can purchase both of these serum from Priceline, David Jones, Myer as well as online store AdoreBeauty.com.au. It’s great to stock up on these when Priceline have their 40% off skincare sale. I go crazy when that sale is on and buy tons of Antipodes products.